Exploding e-cigarette from Philippines killed Florida man

A 38-year old Florida man named Tallmadge D’Elia found dead in his burning apartment after the explosion of the e-cigarette identified as a Smoke-E Mountain brand, which is manufactured in the Philippines, according to the reports from the local Tampa Bay Times newspaper.

Pinellas County Medical examiner said that the two pieces of the e-cigarette lodged themselves in D’Elia’s cranium. He was discovered when firefighters broke into the burning apartment in St. Petersburg, Florida on May 5. The fire was found to have been caused by the exploding device, and resulted in 80 percent burns to his body.

The incident appears to be the first death attributed to vaping products in the United States.

Read more at http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news/world/653788/exploding-e-cigarette-killed-florida-man-coroner-says/story/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *